Friday, November 18, 2005

Mostly an excuse to link to some bands

There was a show at Matty and Hutch's last Saturday. Chicago Typewriter, Shanghai Valentine, Stressbomb, and American Distress (ex-Choking Victim member(s?)) all played. At most shows, 'specially places like the M&H Basement, maybe half the bands are okay, one sucks, and one is really good. Last weekend, all four bands utterly tore the joint apart.

I'd go into it more, except my coverage (including interviews and pictures) is going to become a flash slide show thingy. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out. Keg beer and homework sometimes mix well, sometimes not.

I will say that I have a whole new appreciation for good rock 'n roll photography. You know those mosh pit shots where one or two dudes at the front of the stage scream the words in the face of the singer as he screams right back at them? Those shots are friggin' impossible to get. To my credit, I did get a few good shots of the heavy metal vomit dance party in the living room.
If I need one more reason to keep this short, a perfectly good review will probably manifest on this bulletin board at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home